Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mata Lakshmi and the Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan

Goddess Laxmi


Srinivasa Ramanujan (22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920) was an internationally renowned mathematician who with near zero formal training in mathematics made astounding contributions in the field of number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions. His birthday is celebrated as the National Mathematics Day in India.

When Ramanujan was asked about the brilliance of the his equations by British mathematician GH Hardy, Ramanujan credited his mathematical gift to Mahalakshmi-Namgiri whose consort Lord Narasimha appeared to him in his dreams. He has been quoted as saying: "While asleep, I had an unusual experience. There was a red screen formed by flowing blood, as it were. I was observing it. Suddenly a hand began to write on the screen. I became all attention. That hand wrote a number of elliptic integrals. They stuck to my mind. As soon as I woke up, I committed them to writing."

May Mata Namagiri along with her consort Lord Narasimha bless us with intelligence,  discrimination and give us refuge in their lotus feet that are the sole refuge in this universe ruled by maya! 

Jai Mata Namagiri! Jai Narasmiha Dev! 

Watch a beautiful hymn to Lakshmi-Narasimha deva on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeJiO4Lss4I


- Mamtamai Shri Radhe Guru Maa Charitable Trust

Note

To know more about Guru Maa’s teachings you may follow her on her account on Twitter and Facebook or log on to www.radhemaa.com. These social pages are handled by her devoted sevadars. To experience her divine grace, Bhakti Sandhyas and Shri Radhe Guru Maa Ji’s darshans are conducted every 15 days at Shri Radhe Maa Bhavan in Borivali, Mumbai. The darshans are free and open to everyone.

One may also volunteer to Mamtamai Shri Radhe Guru Maa’s ongoing social initiatives that include book donation drives, blood donation drives, heart checkup campaigns and financial support for various surgical procedures. Contact Shri Radhe Maa’s sevadar on +91 98200 82849 or email on admin@radhemaa.com to participate in these charitable activities.

(Photo Courtesy - google.com)

To get latest updates about 'Shri Radhe Guru Maa' visit -

     

1 comment:

Lunaria said...

Thank you for this!
I'm from Italy, but I believe in Goddesses from alla the world :)
My friend, today, told me something about Ramanujan, and I have found your blog! so thank you!
I'll speak about this here in Italy.