Which of these friends do you have in your life?
Bhishma Pitamah explains to Yudhisthira the five kind of friends a ruler (person in power has):
1) Natural friends who share your nature, likes and dislikes.
2) Friends whose forefathers have been loyal to your family
3) Friends with whom you share a relationship of mutual worldly profit
4) Friends of convenience who can be bought for the benefits they bring
5) The noble soul or dharmatma who is only your friend as long as you walk the path of dharma. If you walk away from the right path and start living a life of adharma which goes against the dictates of the Shastras they will abandon you.