Saturday, February 25, 2012

'Shri Radhe Maa' sees everything





Mamtamai Shree Radhe Maa answers questions hidden in our hearts
By Tina (Gunjan) Agarwal .


 
I do not promise you that it will not rain when you step out. I do promise to be your umbrella. Mamtamai Shree Radhe Maa
 

I had my first darshan of Mamtamai Shri Radhe Maa in 2003. I was a student of Std XII. My brother Sanjeev, the first in our family to enter Maa’s service, had told me about her divine powers but all that was way beyond my understanding at that point. I simply felt drawn to Maa’s swarup and the depth in her all-seeing eyes. I later discovered
that her outer form is a reflection of her stunning inner beauty.

After the chowki concluded, Devi Maa left for the house of a bhakta where she was staying. After the darshan, I prayed to Maa for another darshan. It was to be held in March. My only fear was that Devi Maa’s arrival would coincide with my exams and I would find it difficult to offer seva to her.  She answered my prayers. My exams dates were revised and she came to our house the very day my exams got over. I used to offer charan seva (pressing feet etc) to Maa but it was my elder sister who cooked for her. Eager to offer service to Maa, I began cooking. I discovered that the days I was distracted or not paying enough attention to the cooking, she would eat very little.
There were days when she would not eat at all. She does not accept acts of devotion that are performed mechanically. She would say that she enjoyed food cooked with devotion. I wondered at how she always knew what my state of mind had been like when I cooked for her. “I will eat what you will offer me with love and devotion,” Maa said. We maintain an akhand jyot in the Shri Radhe Maa Bhavan. I have had countless experiences where a question asked to the jyot has been answered by Maa when I meet her in person. There were days when I used to hum some lines of a bhajan and as I presented myself before Maa,
she would start humming the very same lines. Three years after I graduated from college, my parents began looking for a suitable match for me. I prayed that I would not be married too far from Maa’s Bhavan in Borivli. Offers for marriage began pouring in from Bangalore, Delhi and other cities. Maa smiled at me and said, “I am not letting you move beyond Malad after your marriage.” There was no proposal to be considered from Malad at that point. But what Maa says always comes to pass. I celebrated my first wedding anniversary on February 19 this year (2012), and it is in Malad that I was finally married.

As spoken to Satish Purohit .

No comments: